Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sophie

Sophie was a breeder dog that I become foster mommy to. She was so sweet, but we found that she could really snore. Wow, like having a 800 pound drunken sailor sleeping with us. She quickly became Missie's buddy and play mate. I got Sophie when she was three years old. The deal was that I bring her back for breeding and when they retired her she would become mine. She had been bred 2 times. The first time she produced 1 puppy and the 2nd time nothing. I was hoping for a miracle. When she went into heat, I whispered in her ear before she left.."Sophie you see a wiener coming at you sit down quick". She must had sat on it. LOL She got huge, like a football with legs. We took her back for whelping in September,and she produced 5 amazing puppies. After she was weaned, I was warned she would probably look for her puppies and cry. Not my Sophie, she came home and went to bed. She was happy to be home. We got Sophie shortly after Dallas died. She filled the hole in our hearts with her huge beautiful eyes. Sophie got sick one day. June 5th 2006. She had caught a virus and her little heart enlarged. She was in pet care and they said she would not make it. As we went to the vet for the last trip to see Sophie, my heart shattered. The vet was so kind. He cleared all people from his office. There was only Sophie, the vet, my husband and myself. I held Sophie and told her I loved her. I cuddled her close and with the prick of a needle she was gone. I do not remember how long I held her but I cried so hard. I had the vet take her halter of and they give me a length of her hair from her amazing tail. She died June 9th, 2006 Missie's 4th birthday.

I still miss her. More about Sophie here..

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=27487&highlight=Sophie

These were taken just hours before she got sick.

Sophie

Sophie

Sophie and Missie

Sophie and Missie

Talking to daddy...

Sophie and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment