Sunday, March 15, 2009

Charlie

After Salsa died, I was really depressed. So my husband said lets go to the pound and see if anyone there needs a good home. I cried the whole time I was there. No one there caught my eye. When we were about to leave, this black paw reaches out and swatted my husband's leg. He had been so far back in the cage, we never saw him. So, they let him out and he wrapped his arms around Gaston's neck. He came home with us.

Akeija loved him and Charlie just chilled. That night after coming home from work, we could not find him. OMG check Akeija to see if she ate him. No blood or fur on Akeija. Where could he be? We called and called and searched the house. No Charlie. After a while, I hear a meow and I look up. There he is. On top of my kitchen cupboards, sleeping in a corner. Little monkey is a climber....He was a hunter, he tried to get my budgies all the time. He loved being on the counters, table what ever was high off the floor. During this time, we brought Dallas home. After a while my husband began to feel sorry for Charlie because the dogs would beat him to his dish, so he started to feed Charlie on the counter. LOL a man who does not like cats, crumbled.
I came home early one day and went to my office. I could hear running and playing so I just let them be. After a while, I noticed no noise so I went to check on them.

What I found made me laugh. Dallas was splayed out on the floor not moving. Charlie had knocked a tube of crazy glue off the counter, and Dallas being a puppy, chewed it. He had glued his face to the hard wood floors. After I carefully cut her away from the floor, I called poison control. I swear Charlie was laughing in only a way a cat can.

We moved the following year and Charlie began a new habit. When he was annoyed with you, he would poop on something of yours. Usually Dallas's bed. But I remember one time, I saw Charlie running out of our bedroom and a very angry, naked husband in pursuit. So I asked what? He said shit.. What? The beast had crapped on the bed, while he was in it, right beside him. Payback for stepping on him earlier, I guess. LOL

Charlie was a garage hunter. He killed a lot of mice and chipmunks. I tried to get him when he got them. I like chipmunks. I managed to save a lot from Charlie. Who knew chipmunks played dead? And man do they take off fast when the sense danger is gone. Charlie was most certainly a character.

Charlie was not allowed outside, but when we were moving again, Charlie disappeared. We went back everyday for months, leaving food and calling. Charlie's remains were found almost a year after we lost him. He left a big hole in my heart.

Charlie left us in 2002.

Charlie

Charlie

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment