Saturday, March 14, 2009

Dallas

Dallas was a husky/Sheppard cross. The first time I saw her she was only about 4 inches long and I had to climb under a barn to get her. I never owned a husky cross before and man was she strong. I took her for a walk when she was about 6 months old and she dragged me on my face up the street.(much to my neighbors delight.free entertainment) Dallas loved all people but she disliked all other animals. She liked only her pack. She was smart and we taught her to smile. She had big white teeth...lol freaked out those door to door religious groups. You could take anything you wanted out of her mouth, but her dish was a whole other story. We used to feed her alone. I remember one time Charlie ( you will read about him soon) brought in a chipmunk. I freed the little rodent from Charlie and he took off running in my house. Now we had a full fledged circus going on. The cat was chasing it, Dallas was after it and Akeija joined in the fun. My dinning room table went flying and chaos was rampant. I had to put the cat in out attached garage, Dallas in our solarium, give Akeija a stay command. I opened our front door and went and had a nap. When I woke up, the critter was long gone.

I remember one time we got a flea infestation, so we decided to wash the dogs on our lawn. Akeija loved bath days. How was I supposed to know, husky's hate water? My husband had a halti on Dallas and was using his foot on the leash. As soon as we wet Dallas, she took off like a bat out of hell. My husband did a flip that was definitely Olympic worthy. ( more entertainment for the neighbours who have now brought out beer to enjoy with the show)

Dallas was a very camera shy dog, she would try to hide so her pictures are not the best.

Dallas died in 2004 from colon cancer. Her antics are sorely missed.

Dallas
Akeija and Dallas

Akeija and Dallas

No comments:

Post a Comment